We are inundated with the very serious news of the day concerning the COVID-19 Virus. The news paints a bleak picture of the challenges we may face in the future. On the other hand, we are surrounded by good news, that is often overlooked.
Almost three quarters of a million people have RECOVERED from the virus around the world.
- 704,873 people have RECOVERED as of today. :-) Last Wednesday, it was 492,000. Over 200 thousand have recovered in a week.
- 94% of those who get sick with COVID-19 RECOVER – and that number is even higher because people who are sick without symptoms aren’t counted. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- The mortality numbers are overinflated. New York added thousands who NEVER tested positive – 33.5% of their total numbers never tested positive. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/nyregion/new-york-coronavirus-deaths.html
- You may have seen this: “US Hospitals Getting Paid More to Label Cause of Death as ‘Coronavirus’” – hospitals are reimbursed more for coronavirus deaths. https://www.globalresearch.ca/hospitals-getting-paid-more-label-cause-death-coronavirus/5709720
- The number of U.S. coronavirus deaths is 77% lower than was predicted. https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-03-29/anthony-fauci-us-coronavirus-deaths-could-near-200-000?
- 99-year-old British army veteran Captain Tom Moore raised over $9 million walking laps with his walker. https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/15/834831575/99-year-old-british-veteran-raises-9-million-for-health-service-by-walking-laps?
- In Oregon, WW2 veteran William Lapschie celebrated his 104th birthday this week, after recently making a recovery from the coronavirus.
- U.K’s Boris Johnson returned home after battling the coronavirus. https://news.yahoo.com/u-k-boris-johnson-leaves-124943885.html?
- In Italy, a 102—year-old woman recovers after 20 days in the hospital with the coronavirus. https://abc7news.com/coronavirus-102-year-old-woman-survives-italy/
- Using the antiviral drug Remdesivir to treat COVID-19 patients is showing encouraging results.
- The first US clinical trials for a potential vaccine have begun in Seattle.
- New daily cases of coronavirus in the U.S. are leveling off.
- Health care workers are being cheered by their communities around the world.